Here is our recipe for super easy puppy cakes to make at home
If you want to celebrate your pooch, make him an easy dog cake recipe at home! These dog cakes are made with simple ingredients frosted with whipped cream and your dog will LOVE every bite! Today I’m going to show you this super simple dog cake recipe that you can make at home. So let’s go. Put on your apron. View your pet’s playlist on Spotify. Head to the kitchen and get ready. Uh, the pastry. Ummm, cake making. Choose one of these cakes, or bake them all and throw the perfect party with all the neighborhood dogs and your friends!
Super gourmet dog cake recipe!
Baking your dog a birthday cake is the best way to spoil him on his special day! This four-legged friend-approved cake is loaded with healthy ingredients like chicken, carrots, plain Greek yogurt! Rest assured, they’ll love every bite! I love making treats for my dog at home because I know exactly what’s in them! No fillers, no preservatives, just wholesome ingredients! You should also try my homemade dog treats for a tasty anytime snack for your furry baby! Like any dog treat, however, this cake is best given to your dog in moderation. Best to share with other furry friends! Without further ado, let’s prepare a dessert that your pooch will go crazy for!
Two-Layer No-Bake Chicken and Veggie Dog Cake
This cake is healthy, grain-free and quite versatile. The best thing about this dog cake recipe is that it’s made with all-natural ingredients. No fillers here! Only the best for your furry friends! You can replace the broccoli with fresh or frozen green beans, for example, or sweet potatoes for this recipe with carrots. Cut the ingredients in half for a smaller cake or double them to feed your horde of cute, hungry dogs. You will need to use a larger or smaller springform pan and adjust the amount of yogurt for the frosting. The cake in the photo above uses chopped chicken sausage and a chewy bone for the finishing touch, but you can use whatever your pup prefers. Top your spoiled dog cake with his favorite treats for the ultimate doggy dessert!
Here are the kitchen supplies you will need for this dog cake recipe:
- Food processor or blender
- 2 mixing bowls
- 16cm springform pan (or size needed for desired cake)
- Oil or cooking spray for the pan
- Dutch oven or stockpot with lid, large enough to hold your springform pan
- Aluminum foil
- Spatula or spoon
- Table knife or meat thermometer
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 to 2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 kg minced/minced chicken, thawed and divided
- 1 cup shredded/shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-2 cups plain Greek yogurt (you may need more or less, depending on the thickness of the frosting and if you’re frosting the sides)
- Treats for decoration
- Using your blender or food processor, chop or puree the carrots as finely as possible and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Repeat with the broccoli florets. Pour into a separate mixing bowl.
- Place half the chicken in each of the two bowls.
- Shake each bowl until well blended.
- Add ½ cup of cheese to each bowl.
- Stir again to combine completely.
- Oil or spray your springform pan.
- Spread one of your chicken and vegetable mixtures in the bottom of the pan, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Cover the mold tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the covered cake pan in your dutch oven or stockpot.
- Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the springform pan.
Place over medium heat. Place the lid on the pot.
- Steam for 30 to 45 minutes, or until firm and cooked through. Insert a table knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Alternatively, use a meat thermometer.
- The cake should read at least 165 F.
- Remove from pan and remove foil.
- Let cool completely.
- Take the cake out of the springform pan. Place it on a plate or serving platter.
- Use the yogurt to frost the cake. You may need to dilute it a bit with a spoonful or two of water so it spreads easily.
- To finish this easy low-budget recipe, decorate with the treats of your choice. Party with your dog and 2-3 of his friends