Cooking: Lara Fabian reveals her recipe for pears with gorgonzola
by Rino Gallo
Passionate about cooking since always, the singer reveals her favorite recipes in her book, soberly titled “Everything”. Here’s one that’s pretty easy to make.
If we know her mainly as a singer, Lara Fabian is also an outstanding cook. “My mother, my grandmother and my aunts passed on to me the true values of the table. Cooking has therefore always been part of my education,” the artist recently told us.
For the occasion, Lara Fabian, who recently published “Everything”, an autobiography in which she mixes life anecdotes and cooking recipes, reveals her recipe for pears with gorgonzola. A delicious dish that could serve as a starter for your Christmas menu. To your stoves!
Here is Lara Fabian’s recipe for pears with gorgonzola:
Ingredients (for four people)
2 Bartlett pears
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
200g (7oz) gorgonzola
1 handful of pine nuts
20 ml (4 tsp) honey
The steps to follow
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Wash the pears. Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the core.
- Arrange the pears in a baking dish, flesh side up.
- Pour lemon juice into each pear cavity. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the cheese.
- Once the pears are cooked, distribute the gorgonzola in each lemon cavity. Sprinkle with pine nuts and continue cooking for about 7 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Add a drizzle of honey on each